For Acute Sinusitis - Treating Sinus DiseasePeople living in all industrialized countries face the problem of sinus disease. Excessive exposure to smoke, dust and pollutants causes sinusitis. Sinus disease is caused by inflammation of the lining of the sinus cavity. Sinus cavities produce mucous, reduce the weight of the head and resonate the voice. Though, sinusitis is not a major disease, it can cause a great deal of discomfort.
There are Several Ways of Treating Sinus DiseaseSome of the most common methods are usage of anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics and anti-allergic medicines. Antibiotics are effective only in cases where sinusitis is caused by bacteria. Anti-inflammatory drugs are used to soothe the inflammation in the lining of the sinus cavity whereas anti allergic medicines are given in cases where the doctor suspects allergens like smoke and dust to be the cause of sinusitis.
Though Sinus Disease can be Cured Every Easily, It is Best If AvoidedPeople should stay away from smoke and dust. Cleaning the nasal passage every day with a good cleanser is also recommended. Colds should be taken care of as soon as possible. A doctor should be consulted when the first symptoms of sinus are observed.
Lot of people indulge in self medication and home remedies to nurse's guide. Inhaling steam is very effective in dislodging infected mucous from the sinus cavities. Taking a hot compress also helps at times. Nasal sprays are also very good for dislodging the mucous from the nasal cavities. They are basically oral decongestants. Another way of curing sinus disease is nasal irrigation. In nasal irrigation, a mixture of saline water is used to clean the nasal passage. It is an instantaneous cure to sinusitis. A surgery may be considered in extreme cases.
- Symptoms of sinus disease vary from person to person depending on the sinus cavity affected.
- Some of the most common symptoms of sinus are headache, facial pain, facial pressure, swelling on the face, pain in the cheeks, jaws and teeth.
- A greenish yellow nasal discharge is a signature sinus symptom.
- This discharge may be blood tinged in case of acute sinusitis.
- Sinus may also cause double or blurred vision.
- Temporary blindness may also occur in some rare cases.
- It is of no use thinking that you know everything, when in reality, you don't know anything!
- It is only because we knew so much about Sinusitis Surgery that we got down to writing about it!