Sphenoid Sinus - Quiet Discoveries Lead to Fast Sinus ReliefIt's amazing what you can find when you start your search a little outside the bulls eye. While clicking through Magnetic Resonance Imaging research online, my colleagues and I found some intriguing scientific studies completely by accident! .
- 1990 - A study conducted at the UCLA School of Medicine tested conditions affected by MRI field strength.
- Results illustrated that "magnetic susceptibility artifacts are prevalent on the boundary of air-containing paranasal sinuses".
What did we find? Well, let's just say if you've got a stuffy nose you should try magnets before sniffling through that bottle of nasal spray! Did you know that every year, more than 35 million Americans suffer chronic sinusitis? It's one of the leading chronic diseases in the United States (1). And it's no wonder, as bacteria, viruses, cigarette smoke, and allergens like pollen, mold, dust mite feces and pet dander are all common causes of this condition (2). Unless you live in a bubble, there's really no escaping these tiny antagonists.
1990 -- PubMed: Effect of field strength on susceptibility artifacts in magnetic resonance imaging. 1995 -- PubMed: Measurements of magnetic field variations in the human brain using a 3D-FT multiple gradient echo technique. We have included some finess sinus and pillar procedure for reliving sinus as well as snoring problems on Nose Sinus. In this way, you are updated on the developments of Nose Sinus.
So How Does this Lead to Sinusitis Relief?Magnetic therapy is proven to be effective in reducing inflammation, a primary symptom of sinusitis. By reducing inflammation of the mucosa, mucous blockages can be drained and the sinus cavities reopened. This, allows you to breathe freely again, while eliminating the facial pain caused by pressure build-up. We cannot be blamed if you find any other article resembling the matter we have written clogged ears sinus pressure. What we have done here is our copyright material!
- Many people turn to preventive methods like HEPA air filters, or frequent cleaning of carpets and bed sheets to reduce household allergens (4).
- Decongestants, saline nasal sprays, and vaporizers are commonly used to treat the symptoms--but as you and I know, they take time to work.
- We have avoided adding flimsy points on Sinus Headache, as we find that the addition of such points have no effect on Sinus Headache.
' The Allergy Relief Center 1983 -- PubMed: Magnetic bones in human sinuses. 1986 -- PubMed: High-field magnetic resonance imaging of paranasal sinus inflammatory disease.
- These four independent studies all relate to the notion that human sinuses are magnetically sensitive.
- When compared to other regions of the head, more intense magnetic field readings are seen, and conditions of inflammation are more easily observed.
1995 - Research at Uppsala University in Sweden discovered that "large, local magnetic field variations up to 3 parts per million were found in the human brain near interfaces between air or bone and brain tissues".
Acute Sinusitis Occurs When the Mucosa is Irritated and InflamedThe small openings from the nose to the sinus cavities become congested (or even completely blocked), causing the facial pain and pressure most of us have experienced at some point in time. Mucus production is often increased as well, adding to the pressure, and causing that annoying runny nose symptom (3).
The same magnetic material was also found in bees, homing pigeons, dolphins and other organisms--including humans. More specifically, the researchers found that "the bones of the sphenoid/ethmoid sinus complex of humans are magnetic and contain deposits of ferric iron". (The sphenoid/ethmoid sinuses are located between the eyes and progress inward towards the back of the head (3).) It was our decision to write so much on Sinus Treatment after finding out that there is still so much to learn on Sinus Treatment.
For even faster relief plus more restful sleep, Therion 's magnetic dual contour pillow is the perfect choice. The visco elastic (memory) foam is soft and comfortable, but also supportive. You'll actually feel it adjusting and conforming to the shape of your head and neck. It's ideal to use as a regular sleeping pillow, as the magnetic field reaches the pineal gland. This is a magnetically sensitive area in the brain that functions to induce sleep by secreting melatonin. (See the article "Having Trouble Sleeping" found in the Learning Center at www.therionresearch.com.
2002 - Elizabeth city state university study compared differences in magnetic field susceptibility at tissue interfaces in the human head. "Considerable magnetic field inhomogeneities were observed in the inferior frontal lobes and inferior temporal lobes, particularly near the sphenoid sinus and the temporal bones." It may take some time to comprehend the matter on Sinus Cavities that we have listed here. However, it is only through it's complete comprehension would you get the right picture of Sinus Cavities.
When applied properly, magnetic therapy products can relieve sinus congestion in as little as 15 minutes. That's faster than any decongestant or vaporizer, lasts longer than most nasal sprays, and is completely free of any side effects (like dryness or burning). Not to mention, you won't need to worry about buying refills or possible addiction to certain nasal congestion.
Clogged Ears Cold - Home Fix for Sinus Infection
- The sinuses are actually four pairs of hollow spaces in the bones of the face.
- Connected to the nose, air is allowed to flow in and out of these spaces.
- To help warm and filter the air, each sinus is lined with a mucous-producing membrane, called the mucosa (3).